Join The Challenge!
City of Fort Collins Map powered by GIS Cloud
From data to an online map in less than a minute!
- Point layer - Addresses, format: Shapefile, number of features: 86,132 (download here)
- Line layer - Streets, format: Shapefile, number of features: 10,570 (download here)
- Polygon layer - Parcels, format: Shapefile, number of features: 69,655 (download here)
- That is 166,357 features in total.
GIS Cloud Test Results
That puts GIS Cloud solution on the very top for its speed and ease of use.
- Create a map by clicking on a button.
- Name your map in popup window where you can also choose a basemap. For testing purposes we used a satellite basemap.
- Simply drag & drop your data into the map and the upload will start immediately. Note that your data can be in a zip archive and you can add multiple layers at once. Three layers of data were in a zip form and we were able to drop all three separate layers at once into the map.
- After 31 seconds the data was uploaded and shown on a map at the optimal zoom! We could zoom in or out using mouse scroll button and the rendering worked really fast.
- Performance: Fastest map rendering provides you instant and responsive access to the complete dataset on any zoom level. Some other solutions had bad and slow performance and sometime didn’t render some map areas at all.
- Ease of use: With GIS Cloud you just need to drag and drop your data, which makes it instantly available in a single map, even if you upload multiple layers at once. Other solutions require you to go through a series of steps before you can see all your data on a single map, like manually browsing for files.
- User experience: GIS Cloud is intuitive and took only 4 steps to prepare a map, while other solutions required 10 - 20 steps before you could have all layers on a map ready.
This comparison project is a product of GIS Cloud. All the information published on this site is published in good faith and for general information purposes. Any person interested in map engine performance result is free to repeat the testing process and to test other solutions, results of which are prone to change depending on software updates. For more information, questions and comments, you can use the contact form in the right sidebar.